Sunday, October 5, 2008

I love it here in San Jose It is down right beautiful. (I guess I have been in the desert too long) I actually live in Fremont and commute to work. but the commute isn't bad. The school is awesome!! Its fascinating to watch the children learn 2 languages. Most of them came speaking Spanish already however some are bilingual simply because of their circumstances. And others are English only speakers. The school is designed to help all of them learn to read and write in their first language first and by the end of 1st grade all of them will be learning (and have transitioned into) their second language. The concept is quite fascinating. This way they learn both languages Well and can use both English and Spanish Well. Its amazing to watch I have 40 1st graders who are or are beginning to read, write and speak in Spanish and English. I love it.
A There are times that I wish that I lived closer to my family, its hard to be so far away. ... but look where I am .. in Cali. and Zac is in Oklahoma and my parents, the twins and Holly and Kelli are in Missouri. We'll see, as much as I love California It is SO expensive (well rent anyway) Everything else is manageable. Right though I believe this is where I need to be.

No comments: