Thursday, October 16, 2008

Team in Training

I just came home from an amazing visit to see my brand new niece. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BABY!!! She definitly has her aunties eyes!!! She is so precious. I am so happy for my brother and his wife. Wow shes is special. Love that girl!
It makes me so sad to know that I live so far away from my family and to know that it has been a choice that I made. I have been so lonely up here, and with Michails job not working out for him to come up here its even more of a trail for me. I am beginining to grow impatient and I really do not have my heart in California. I am seriously considering finding a job mid year at a school in Missouri. Visiting with my family made me realize how much I miss them. Don't get me wrong I love absoultly love the bay area. I love my job its my dream job. So how do I figure it out? On a much brighter note...
I am going to do it!!! I am doing the Team in Training! I dont know that I will be able to actually do 100 miles. But Im going to do my best and go as far as I can go. I am enjoying my bike, and I actually look forward to riding in the mornings. Im getting faster and I can feel myself becoming stronger... Granted dont get me wrong I am very overweight and I have a very long way to go, but its a start. I am going to work my hardest and well... The cycle thing is team in training. They train you to ride a 100 miles (deep deep breathe) While I am doing it ... I am to raise 2500 for Luekemia. My training starts in three weeks. However Im riding about 3 miles a day right now. By November 9 I will need to ride 10-15 and then move from there. By Dec 12 It will be 20 miles and Jan 40 - 50... Read More Feb. 50 - 80 and then in March the ride.
They have work out schedules and trainers and coaches to help along the way. I figure Its something to work for and the worst that can happen is that I am riding more than Ive ridden before and THere will be another ride to do that I can do much better. My goal will be just to do become healthy while helping raise money for a good cause.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I agree, she's adorable! And I'm so proud of you for doing the team in training, it's such an honorable cause and gets you healthy too. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress!